Thursday, March 31, 2011

Casablanca valley

It is super windy in Valpo this evening.  It was calm last night, so this is new weather.  I feel like hitting the town tonight... or tomorrow.  I had a really good day today and I'd like to spend one more here.
I got out to the Casablanca wine route office in the early afternoon.  We made a plan.  With their help we reserved a taxi to take me to three vineyards this afternoon.  They were delightful.  Tomorrow I will start earlier and visit the rest. Right now supper is on my mind, but first I must change my eyes.
I had a great time hanging out with the hostel folks last night.  Too bad most of them rolled out today.  Breakfast here is great.  We had boiled eggs!  I love eggs for breakfast; they're a staple for me.  I finished off my Chicha, a hard grape cider.  I'll see about bringing some back.  It's a rural artesan brew, so it's not widely distributed.  I got my bottle filled up direct from the vat.  Tonight I'll work on my pisco and cola.  Liquor is good, but I believe in drinking and eating away my luggage.
Three thingsI need to buy: eye drops for contacts, a small padlock, and flipflops.  I'd like to see the beach, and wet sandy shoes are no fun.
Emiliana is an oganic winery.  I know many of my classmates were big fans of organic agriculture. I sure wish they'd read and comment on my travels.
While wandering the strange streets back to my hostel from the bus depot I stumbled upon the cemetery.  It's weird because it's built on a graded hill. This city is so damn hilly and strange.  I guess one could compare it to San Fran.
Now I'm really hungered, so I'll change my eyes and find some food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home