Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Traveling Home: Peru

I am in Peru now.  Some very interesting things happened as soon as we touched down.  We disembarked onto the tarmac and took a bus to the terminal.  That was really cool.  Unfortunately all of the outside air smells like fish.  It is quite a bad stink.
Peru is about two hours behind Chile.  How weird.  That explains why it feels like the flight took so long.  As of an hour ago the gate for my next flight was still unknown.  I had another breakfast, which also bought me internet time.  Maybe by now my departure gate will be known and on the board.
I had Coca tea with my meal. It was ok, and very green.
The in-flight movie was TRON: Legacy, in Spanish, lacking subtitles.  I didn't watch because I couldn't have followed.  Maybe my next flight will have that on the movie list.  I like how the longer flights have individual entertainment systems in the seats.
A small problem. The restaurant does not accept Chilean pesos.  I figured airports would be mopre of an international market. Anyway, pesos are the only cash I have.  I'm going to exchange them to dollars when I get home.  My credit cards still work fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home